Activities to Help You Read for the Record
- Read for the Record Campaign Hand-out
This hand-out is a great resource to introduce what Read for the Record aims to achieve and how to get involved.
- Customizable “Save the Date” Flyer
After downloading this flyer, you can add in details about the event you’re hosting with time, location, and contact information.
Book images and social media graphics will be available soon!
Spreading the Word
Help spread the word about Jumpstart and Jumpstart’s Read for the Record® with these resources for use online and in stores, libraries, and classrooms.
- Post on your blog or site about Jumpstart’s Read for the Record and how you’ll be celebrating!
- Share your participation with friends, family, and/or networks on social media!
If taking photos or video at your event, please make sure all minors have a Media Release Form signed by their guardian. We love to see how you celebrate on the day of and require media release forms to reshare any photos you send our way. When submitting photos of how you enjoyed Read for the Record, please include all Media Release Forms in your email to email@example.com.
Supporting Read for the Record
You can also help support Read for the Record through peer-to-peer fundraising with Crowdrise, by raising funds to support Jumpstart’s programming in communities across the country. By fundraising on Crowdrise you enable Jumpstart to tackle early literacy and put more books into the hands of children who need them most!
Peer-to-peer fundraising is a great way to engage your co-workers, family, and friends in the campaign and work together to support Jumpstart! Visit our Crowdrise page: crowdrise.com/ReadfortheRecord2017 and Start a Fundraiser today. Setting up your fundraiser is easy! Instructions are below.
Check out our Crowdrise “How-To” document here.
Below are quick tips to getting started:
- Visit Crowdrise.com/ReadfortheRecord2017.
- Click “Start a Fundraiser.”
- Select “Start a Fundraiser” at the pop-up window.
- Sign-in to Crowdrise if you have an existing account, or create one with your Facebook or email account. (Creating an account is free and takes just a minute).
- Share why you support Jumpstart and your love of Read for the Record in the “About” section.
- Upload a profile picture, or use the Quackers profile badge in the resource section below!
- Share your fundraiser with friends, family, and co-workers via social media and email.
Use this image as your fundraiser’s profile picture. Or, upload a picture of you reading your favorite book!
- You can easily share your fundraiser on social media! Click on the social media icon towards the right to share your fundraiser. You can use sample social media in the “Spreading the Word” section above.
- Sending an email to friends? Copy and paste the link to your fundraiser in your email.
- More questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help!