Activities to Help You Read for the Record
- Read for the Record Campaign Hand-out
This hand-out is a great resource to introduce what Read for the Record aims to achieve and how to get involved.
- Read for the Record Campaign Hand-out (Spanish)
- Customizable Flyer
After downloading this flyer, you can add in details about the event you’re hosting with time, location, and contact information.
Spreading the Word
Use the graphics and sample social media posts provided in this tool kit, or make up your own, to tell the world how you’ll be celebrating #ReadfortheRecord!
Are you celebrating as an organization? Download our Partner Toolkit.
Social Media Accounts:
Social Media Images
Facebook or Instagram
- On October 19, join millions of readers young and old to celebrate @Jumpstartkids’ Read for the Record! Be a part of the world’s largest shared reading experience by registering to read “Quackers” by Liz Wong with us at readfortherecord.org.
- Want to be part of the world’s largest shared reading experience? Register to read “Quackers” by Liz Wong with millions of readers on October 19 for @Jumpstartkids’ Read for the Record! readfortherecord.org
- Help celebrate the power of reading for #ReadfortheRecord Day October 19 with @Jumpstartkids! Read “Quackers” with us and download FREE activity and reading guides to help build literacy skills with your child as you read together:
- Children with strong literacy and language skills are more likely to succeed in kindergarten, and a love of reading can foster a love of learning that will benefit children in kindergarten and for years to come. Help promote early literacy with us October 19 with #ReadfortheRecord! #ReadConnectSucceed
- Celebrate the power of reading and help support early literacy on October 19 for @Jumpstartkids’ #ReadfortheRecord! This year’s book, “Quackers” by Liz Wong, is a story about a kitten who grows up believing he’s a duck, until the days he meets another kitten. What follows is a sweet tale about understanding, acceptance, and learning it’s ok to be whoever you want to be. Register to read today at readfortherecord.org
- Join the world’s largest shared reading experience! Register to #ReadfortheRecord with @Jumpstartkids on Oct 19: readfortherecord.org
- I’m participating in #ReadfortheRecord to celebrate the power of reading! Join me & @Jumpstartkids on Oct 19: readfortherecord.org
- Help promote early literacy for ALL children on Oct 19 for @Jumpstartkids ‘s #ReadfortheRecord! readfortherecord.org
- Can cats & ducks be friends? Find out in #ReadfortheRecord book “Quackers”: readfortherecord.org
- Want to know how you can be part of #ReadfortheRecord? Register to read “Quackers” with us & @Jumpstartkids: readfortherecord.org
Help spread the word about Jumpstart and Jumpstart’s Read for the Record® with these resources for use online and in stores, libraries, and classrooms.
- Post on your blog or site about Jumpstart’s Read for the Record and how you’ll be celebrating!
- Share your participation with friends, family, and/or networks on social media!
If taking photos or video at your event, please make sure all minors have a Media Release Form signed by their guardian. We love to see how you celebrate on the day of and require media release forms to reshare any photos you send our way. When submitting photos of how you enjoyed Read for the Record, please include all Media Release Forms in your email to email@example.com.
Supporting Read for the Record
You can also help support Read for the Record through peer-to-peer fundraising with Crowdrise, by raising funds to support Jumpstart’s programming in communities across the country. By fundraising on Crowdrise you enable Jumpstart to tackle early literacy and put more books into the hands of children who need them most!
Peer-to-peer fundraising is a great way to engage your co-workers, family, and friends in the campaign and work together to support Jumpstart! Visit our Crowdrise page: crowdrise.com/ReadfortheRecord2017 and Start a Fundraiser today. Setting up your fundraiser is easy! Instructions are below.
Check out our Crowdrise “How-To” document here.
Below are quick tips to getting started:
- Visit Crowdrise.com/ReadfortheRecord2017.
- Click “Start a Fundraiser.”
- Select “Start a Fundraiser” at the pop-up window.
- Sign-in to Crowdrise if you have an existing account, or create one with your Facebook or email account. (Creating an account is free and takes just a minute).
- Share why you support Jumpstart and your love of Read for the Record in the “About” section.
- Upload a profile picture, or use the Quackers profile badge in the resource section below!
- Share your fundraiser with friends, family, and co-workers via social media and email.
Use this image as your fundraiser’s profile picture. Or, upload a picture of you reading your favorite book!
- You can easily share your fundraiser on social media! Click on the social media icon towards the right to share your fundraiser. You can use sample social media in the “Spreading the Word” section above.
- Sending an email to friends? Copy and paste the link to your fundraiser in your email.
- More questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help!