Vice President - Marketing, Communications and Brand
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over 25 years of experience serving over 133,000 children with the support of more than 58,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America.
For more information on Jumpstart, please visit www.jstart.org.
Jumpstart is seeking a Vice President of Marketing, Communications and Brand who has a proven track record of strong leadership, team development, and leveraging innovation to drive profitable growth.
This newly created position, which reports directly to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer (CDMO), requires a highly experienced leader who can develop and coordinate our sales, marketing, and communications strategy to support the organization’s five-year Strategic Plan and Growth Capital Campaign. The Vice-President must have experience driving revenue across digital platforms and mapping the donor/partner journey and alignment with appropriate initiatives.
The Vice President of Marketing, Communications & Brand is a leadership position in the Development Division and provides oversight to Jumpstart’s Marketing, Communications, Events, and Dynamic Sales teams (total of ten positions) in support of Jumpstart’s combined revenue goals, including private, public, government and earned sales.
Travel Requirements: Approximately 20% local, regional, and/or national travel.
The ideal candidate is fully aligned with Jumpstart’s Vision, Mission, and Values and has demonstrated their ability as a:
- Growth Driver: Creates and delivers a plan to achieve sustainable profitable growth.
- Customer Advocate: Drives Jumpstart’s evolution to partner/customer centricity with a strict focus on building sustainable relationships.
- Engaged Leader & Role Model: Retains, develops and attracts an agile, best-in-class team to ensure that Jumpstart is seen as an industry differentiator.
- Player/Coach: The Vice-President checks ego at the door and understands that the role requires ‘rolling up your sleeves’ and leading by example.
- Innovation Driver: Leverages innovation (new technology platforms) to achieve goals.
- Brand Advocate: Champions the development of the Jumpstart brand and engages consumers across Jumpstart’s footprint in the narrative.
This is a unique opportunity to lead Jumpstart’s marketing and sales expansion into the Business to Consumer (B2C) sector and become the premier player in the industry of Early Childhood Education curriculum.
The VP of Marketing, Communications and Brand will have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: Learning, Joy, Social Justice, Community and Inclusive Leadership.
- 15 plus years marketing experience; influencing the marketing performance for brands based on track record and industry experience. Combination of leadership and execution in high-growth companies and non-profit organizations a plus.
- Broad knowledge of organizational transformation and leadership agility. Ability to negotiate the culture and be an agent of change if needed.
- News media experience required, including knowledge and proficiency in social media platforms from a consumer and marketing standpoint.
- Deep understanding of web analytics and how to use them for decision-making.
- Leadership experience in sales, marketing and driving brand awareness.
- Experience building strategic thought leadership plans.
- Prior experience in digital transformation and multi-channel expansion of a well-respected brand in a fast-growing market.
- Extensive experience with brand building and management.
- A track record of managing and optimizing budgets to achieve KPIs, marketing performance and growth, creating national brand recognition for a growing organization.
- Ability to be the executive producer of events, leading the events team.
- Strong professional cross-functional visibility & experience.
- Ability to lead, develop and mentor a high-performing team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
$165,000 – $175,000 along with excellent benefits and a great, mission-driven work environment.
Koya Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Erin Reedy here.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities. Please visit our website at www.jstart.org.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.