Talent Management Coordinator
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over 25 years of experience serving over 133,000 children with the support of more than 58,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an individual with previous high-level experience in an administrative assistant or coordinator role to provide support to Jumpstart’s Chief People Officer and the Talent Management Department.
The ideal candidate will have experience in exercising discretion, sound judgment, confidentiality and a degree of autonomy. They will leverage a broad range of skills to perform a variety of responsibilities with a high degree of professionalism, with initiative, and in collaboration with others. The individual in this role must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple, sometimes competing, priorities, while working independently. The Talent Management Coordinator must also quickly and proactively build organizational knowledge and relationships and be able to think critically and creatively in order to offer solutions that support problem solving.
This full-time position reports to the Chief People Officer.
- Support full cycle recruitment and hiring process including (but not limited to): job postings (internal and external), scheduling in-take meetings, scheduling phone screens, scheduling interviews, reference checking and drafting offer letters.
- Maintain Criminal History Check (CHC) tracker and file maintenance.
- Maintain and update recruitment report to be sent out to LT and hiring managers on a weekly basis.
- Organize and maintain quality control of job description and other assigned files.
- Assists with special projects as needed including annual recruitment and marketing campaign, conducting research on job sites suggested by Edgility and other new sites for job postings (compiling cost data for sites), researching awards and recognition programs for employees, researching HR/TM best practices, JLI and creating or maintaining documents and other materials.
- Provides administrative support to the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council and Committees.
- Cultivates strong, collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Handle other administrative duties as necessary and directed by the Chief People Officer.
- Maintain in-depth understanding of the organization’s mission, values, strategic goals and program model as a representative of the Talent Management Department
- A minimum of five years of office work experience
- Exceptional organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; strong ability to inform and engage through written communications
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information, act with discretion and use sound judgment
- Willingness and commitment to receive feedback on performance of self and give feedback on performance of others
- Experience with or commitment to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities across a variety of interfaces, including vendors, employment candidates, regional staff, corporate partners, community volunteers, directors and advisors
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office 2010 software, with excellent Outlook management skills; calendaring and email in particular
- Demonstrated comfort and curiosity in using a variety of technology platforms in fulfillment of responsibilities, including the ability to organize and facilitate conference calls and virtual meetings (e.g., using TEAMS, Zoom, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to produce results quickly and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Commitment to follow-through and communication regarding workflow
- Demonstrated ability to shift focus and priorities, as needed
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s mission and values of learning, community, social justice, joy and inclusive leadership
- Energetic, enthusiastic attitude and positive and professional manner
- Comfortable working with budgeting tasks
- Certificate or degree
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization
- Salesforce experience
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
Up to 15% local, regional and/or national travel may be required to support planning and operations of Jumpstart’s Leadership Institute (JLI)
Immediately (yet position open until filled)
Salary & Benefits
$51,500 for a 40-hour work week – along with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart for Young Children, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital or parental status, amnesty, political affiliation, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.