Site Manager - URI
Jumpstart is a national early education organization working toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. By participating in Jumpstart’s yearlong program, children develop the language, literacy, and social and emotional skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path for lifelong success. Since 1993, Jumpstart has trained 50,000 college students and community volunteers to transform the lives of over 123,000 preschool children nationwide. Jumpstart is also a proud member of the AmeriCorps service network. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed! Learn more at www.jstart.org.
The Site Manager role is a full year position based in and around Kingston and Providence, RI. The primary responsibility of the Jumpstart Site Manager is to implement high quality programming by overseeing the day-to-day operations of the program and to support child outcomes. The Site Manager recruits, trains, and supervises college students serving as part-time AmeriCorps members and volunteers to work with preschool children from under-resourced neighborhoods. The Jumpstart URI Site Manager reports to a Senior Site Manager.
Early Childhood Education and Training
- Facilitate Jumpstart training series for members; adapt or develop training content for members when necessary
- Observe Jumpstart sessions and planning meetings to monitor the quality of interactions between members and children and the implementation of planned curriculum and provide coaching and feedback to members based on observations
- Work closely with teachers and preschool center directors, negotiating aspects of program implementation
- Plan and manage recruitment process; interview and select all members for site
- Support members in the completion of expected hours requirements
- Develop Jumpstart member supervision practices to provide members and Team Leaders with systematic supervision and support, consistent and responsive management, and clear ongoing communication
- Work with national staff to ensure grant and programmatic compliance including managing Jumpstart member files and child data and assessment processes per Corporation for National and Community Service and/or grant specifications
Campus and Community Partnerships
- Build and manage high quality Preschool Program Partner relationships
- Cultivate and manage campus relations to ensure sustainability and success of the program on campus
- Work with campus-based faculty, staff, and administrators who can assist with Jumpstart member training and recruitment, student supports, and higher education partner relationships
- Build and manage high quality community partner/stakeholder relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or professional relevant experience
- 2-3 years of prior work experience
- Strong organizational, management and leadership abilities
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet key tasks as scheduled
- Competency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with community partners, preschool staff, and the general community
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
- Ability and willingness to travel to assigned locations/sites as necessary
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
Preferred or Ideal
- Background or experience in an early childhood setting
- Prior work experience in a higher education setting and/or managing college students
- Prior experience/interest in social justice, or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Prior experience in supervising others; ability to provide verbal and written feedback
- Experience working in urban environments
- Ability to manage basic fiscal matters
Requires significant evening/weekend work at specific times during the program year
January/February 2020 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
Salary & Benefits
Salary – $47,500 along with competitive benefits
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.