Site Manager - University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging our 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at http://www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
In Fall 2020, Jumpstart will launch a new site in partnership with the University of Massachusetts – Dartmouth. The Site Manager plays a critical role in establishing the program across campus and within the New Bedford, MA community. The primary responsibility of the Jumpstart Site Manager is to implement high quality programming by overseeing the day-to-day operations of the program and to support language, literacy, and social-emotional outcomes for children. The Site Manager recruits, trains, supervises, and coaches college students (called Corps Members) serving as part-time AmeriCorps Members and volunteers to deliver Jumpstart’s evidence-based curriculum to preschool children from underserved communities.
The Site Manager role is a full-time, year-round position based in Dartmouth, MA and reports to a Director of Programming.
Early Childhood Education and Training
- Design and facilitate a training scope & sequence for Corps Members using Jumpstart’s training content and guidelines; adapt or develop training content for Corps Members when necessary
- Observe Jumpstart sessions and planning meetings to monitor the quality of interactions between Corps Members and children and the implementation of planned curriculum. Provide feedback and coaching to Corps Members to enhance quality
- Lead weekly team leader meetings to prepare team leaders for program delivery and to support their learning and growth in early childhood education practices
- Plan and manage the Corps Member recruitment process; interview and select all members for the site
- Support AmeriCorps Members in their completion of expected hours requirements
- Provide Jumpstart Corps Members and Team Leaders with systematic supervision and support, consistent and responsive management, and clear ongoing communication
- Work with national staff to ensure grant and programmatic compliance; this includes management of Corps Member criminal history checks and files; child data and assessment; and fiscal compliance per the Corporation for National and Community Service and/or other grant specifications
Campus and Community Partnerships
- Build and manage effective partnerships with preschools and other early childhood education stakeholders
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key departments and individuals at the University of Massachusetts – Dartmouth to ensure sustainability and success of the program on campus
- Work with campus-based faculty, staff, and administrators who can assist with Jumpstart member training and recruitment, student supports, and higher education partner relationships, including but not limited to a dedicated campus champion
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- 2-3 years of prior work experience
- Strong planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to meet program or environmental needs
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet key tasks and deadlines
- Competency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with community partners, preschool staff, and the general community
- Ability and willingness to travel to assigned locations/sites as necessary
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
Preferred or Ideal
- Background or experience in an early childhood setting
- Prior work experience in a higher education setting and/or managing college students
- Prior experience/interest in social justice, or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Prior experience in supervising others; including ability to provide verbal and written feedback
- Prior experience working for or serving with programs funded by the Corporation of National and Community Service (e.g. AmeriCorps, NCCC, Commonwealth Corps, etc.)
- Experience working in urban environments in Southeast MA
Requires significant evening/weekend work at specific times during the program year
Approximately 15% local travel.
October 2020 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
- The work office located in Dartmouth, MA
- Service locations are located in New Bedford, MA
Salary & Benefits
Salary – $55,000; along with excellent benefits and opportunity to work with a mission-driven organization
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.