Senior Assistant to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging our 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these tree objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at http://www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
This is an outstanding career opportunity and a vital role for an exceptionally motivated and experienced Senior Assistant to provide high-level support to Jumpstart’s Chief Development & Marketing Officer (CDMO). The ideal candidate will be excited by the opportunity to experience and influence the daily operations of a dynamic nonprofit organization launching a five-year strategic plan and growth capital campaign.
The ideal candidate will leverage a broad range of skills with a high degree of professionalism, initiative, and collaboration in managing a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. S/he/them must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple priorities including support of the Vice-President of Marketing, Communications, and Brand and the Associate Vice-President of Development. The role is a great opportunity for a highly organized, and innovative professional with strong communication and project management skills.
- Administrative Support
- Ensure clarity, prioritization, and strong coordination of the CDMO’s daily activities.
- Proactively maintain CDMO’s calendar and daily schedule; arrange upcoming meetings, prepare CDMO by providing supporting agendas and all relevant information.
- Manage or assist with the management of internal policies and procedures on behalf of the CDMO (e.g. new hire protocols, performance review processes, budgeting, approval of time etc.).
- Maintain administrative files and documents. Prepare PowerPoint decks and other documents.
- Manage or assist with special projects and events as needed including conducting research, event planning, preparation for speaking and other engagements, etc.
- Provide support to Senior Development Leadership Team (Vice-President and AVP) for meeting preparation, logistics and follow up.
- Manage CDMO and Development Leadership Team travel arrangements to Jumpstart’s markets.
- Database Management (Salesforce) Responsibilities
- Follow all internal processes and procedures to ensure that all internal databases are maintained at the highest level.
- Request reports and work with Development Ops team to secure data quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain CDMO’s shared documents and intranet presence.
- Support CDMO’s correspondence including writing, transcribing, editing, and proofreading.
- Relationship Building
- Cultivate strong, collaborative relationships internally and externally; serve as a liaison to staff, key stakeholders, and others on behalf of the CDMO including members of the Executive Team, Leadership Team, Local Advisory Boards, donors and all external parties.
- Support the CDMO’s and AVP’s work with Jumpstart’s Local Advisory Boards and Growth Capital Campaign committee follow up.
- Organizational Knowledge
- Maintain in-depth understanding of the organization’s mission, values, strategic goals, and program model.
- Access the organization’s intranet daily to track requests, special announcements, staff changes, etc.; provide updates to the CDMO during regular check-ins or as needed.
- Project Management & Problem solving:
- Demonstrate a strong ability to identify problems, solve them quickly, and appropriately message all shifts.
- Innovative Thinking & Flexibility:
- Demonstrate an ability to create processes and systems to streamline internal operations for the CDMO and her leadership team.
- Show aptitude for framing problems as opportunities and for always pushing to further streamline processes.
- 5+ years of experience assisting high-level executives (preferably at the C-Suite level) and/or experience on a development team, development operations, preferably.
- 2-3 years of experience in project management or development operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills; ability to work with diverse populations and all levels.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and resourcefulness; ability to follow-through and close loops.
- Proficient in MS Office 2010 with excellent Outlook organizational skills; able to facilitate use of technology for conference calls, and meetings (Microsoft Teams and Zoom).
- Comfortable working with budgeting tasks.
- Availability to flex/work after hours when necessary.
- Ability to handle confidential information and act with discretion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Teams), Google apps, Salesforce.
- Boast a deep belief in our mission; Root your work in our core values
- Hold U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or relevant life/work experiences.
- Boston, MA
Salary & Benefits
Salary – $60,000 – $64,000 commensurate with experience; along with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart for Young Children, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital or parental status, amnesty, political affiliation, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.