Program Coordinator - New York, NY
Jumpstart is a national early education organization working toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. By participating in Jumpstart’s yearlong program, children develop the language, literacy, and social and emotional skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path for lifelong success. Since 1993, Jumpstart has trained 50,000 college students and community volunteers to transform the lives of over 123,000 preschool children nationwide. Jumpstart is also a proud member of the AmeriCorps service network. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed! Learn more at www.jstart.org.
The Program Coordinator ensures Jumpstart programs are fully compliant with various state, federal, and local requirements, and ensures operations of programs run smoothly. The role manages operational and administrative duties supporting a cohort of Jumpstart members, most of whom serve as AmeriCorps members who have committed to serve 300 hours of service over an academic year.
The Program Coordinator reports directly to an Operations Manager and works on teams comprised of Quality Coaches and Volunteer Managers.
- Collect and enter data on children and Jumpstart members into appropriate databases, accurately and by iterated deadlines
- Run reports in various database systems to report data trends to local and national staff
- Ensure collection of documentation for enrollment of Jumpstart members
- Prepare and maintain compliant member files
- Collaborate with Jumpstart’s Compliance and Research & Evaluation staff to ensure Jumpstart processes and guidelines are followed
- Monitor members’ progress through the Criminal History Check process and ensure checks are run according to Jumpstart and AmeriCorps regulations and on time
- Work with Jumpstart volunteers to collect paperwork and maintain compliant files for all Jumpstart volunteers
- Work closely with Volunteer Manager and Quality Coach to develope and implement the systems and processes that will lead to programmatic success
- Support Volunteer Manager and Quality Coaches to implement member trainings by providing preparatory and logistical support
- Join and participate in local and team-based meetings as necessary and assigned
- Associate’s degree with a minimum of two years of work experience
- Proven ability to plan, implement, and manage projects at a high capacity in order to meet deadlines and standards
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail; and ability to develop and use tracking systems and databases
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to build strong working relationships and effectively communicate with team members
- Ability and willingness to travel to assigned locations/sites on an ongoing basis
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s values of learning, determination, connection, joy and kindness
- Proficiency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
Preferred or Ideal
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience with AmeriCorps or other grant compliance
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
Approximately 25% local travel
December 2019 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
New York, NY
(The primary work location is within Jumpstart’s field office located in Manhattan; however, Program Coordinators are required to travel to other program locations, situated across the various New York City boroughs).
Salary & Benefits
Salary – non-exempt position at $20-$22 per hour for a 40 hour work week; along with competitive benefits and a great work environment
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.