Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging our 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at http://www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Operations Manager provides critical administrative and logistical support to the Program Operations Leadership team to ensure the Program Operations & Strategy department is positioned for high levels of efficiency, productivity, and goal attainment. This role requires a highly organized, collaborative, coordinated, and process-driven individual who is able to manage individual work, projects, and relationships and deliver results. The ideal candidate will possess excellent systems skills, as well as interpersonal and problem-solving skills. The Operations Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Program Operations.
Departmental Support Responsibilities
- Participate in the hiring and selection process for program staff positions across the country in conjunction with hiring managers and the Senior Manager, Program Operations
- Support and facilitate Program Operations Leadership calls in conjunction with the Senior Manager, Program Operations, the Vice President, and Associate Vice Presidents
- Support retreat planning and lead logistical aspects for Program Operations Leadership teams
- Support the site application and/or renewal processes as part of a cross-departmental team
- Serve on intra- and interdepartmental workgroups
- Organize local program visits for stakeholders through close collaboration with Jumpstart’s National Development team
- Complete aspects of the criminal history check process according to grant guidelines in conjunction and coordination with the Program Management team
- Provide direct support and training and identify opportunities for optimization and enhancement to support departmental use of Jumpstart systems
Team Support Responsibilities
- Support retreat planning and lead logistical aspects for program staff, including annual New Staff Orientation and other institutes
- Support the recognition of program staff milestones and achievements
- Build and refine team systems and processes to drive efficiencies in working together
- Organize and facilitate team meetings
- Create and maintain on-going communications with higher education partners, including regular email communications, quarterly newsletters, and periodic new program staff and campus champion call support
- Process site visit requests and help to coordinate program visits for stakeholders through close collaboration with site staff and development team staff
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- At least 2-3 years of experience in project coordination, operations, or an administrative-related function, with a high focus on program support
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Superb ability to organize and coordinate plans and systems with a focus on details
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet key benchmarks as scheduled
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to work collaboratively with others at various staffing levels within the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to be flexible and accommodate shifting priorities
- Competency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s mission and core values: learning, community, inclusive leadership, joy and social justice
- Prior experience working within a large scale or national nonprofit environment
- Prior experience working with Salesforce
June 2021 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
- Flexible location from either Atlanta, GA; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY or San Francisco, CA
- Applicants must be able to work from one of these locations on a regular basis
Salary & Benefits
Salary – $65,000; along with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart for Young Children, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital or parental status, amnesty, political affiliation, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.