Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging our 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these tree objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at http://www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Education Manager is a member of the Education and Research (EDU) team. EDU develops, tests, and supports programs, curriculum, training, and research that advances Jumpstart’s priorities in the areas of early childhood education. The primary responsibility of the Education Manager is the operational functioning of the EDU team. This includes creating and managing systems and resources used in the development and improvement of Jumpstart’s programming. This position also collaborates with both national and program staff to advance Jumpstart’s programming. The Education Manager reports directly to the Senior Director of Education & Training.
- Operational Support for Program Development, Improvement, and Implementation
- Build and manage systems for the Education and Research team, including areas such as materials management, book ordering, and online content tracking.
- Manage backend systems, such as file folder organization and trackers for the Education and Research team.
- Own management of chapters in Jumpstart’s online implementation and resource guide, including planning for content revisions and coordination of content owners.
- Manage the posting, organization, yearly transition, and monitoring of resources in online learning management systems.
- Coordinate and author network and department communication through the management of identified systems and platforms, such as Jumpstart’s Intranet.
- Design and manage feedback collection mechanisms.
Jumpstart Programming Content Development
- Create and edit multimedia content such as videos, animations, and graphics for a range of training and learning resources.
- Create, write, edit, and conduct research for documents for EDU-related planning and implementation.
- Author, edit, and facilitate training and professional development for a variety of audiences, in both online and live venues.
Collaboration and Partnership
- Provide appropriate support to Jumpstart’s program staff, including resource distribution, consulting, and collaboration.
- Serve as the Education & Research liaison to several Jumpstart national departments; support cross-departmental collaboration on projects, as needed.
- Partner with external partners and vendors on various projects ranging from staff professional development, to managing materials ordering.
- Potential to consult and create external program-related content, such as classroom and family activities, along with social media content.
- Manage Education and Research department interns.
- Represent Jumpstart at local or national conferences.
- Support research related to early childhood education and future model development for Jumpstart.
- Support Education and Research’s work and other partnerships as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience in an education related field
- Commitment to and experience working to further Jumpstart’s core values: learning, community, social justice, joy, and inclusive leadership
- Demonstrated record of strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate systems with a focus on details
- Ability to take initiative and function as a self-starter
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team comprised of individuals from across the organization
- Ability to prioritize, work at a high capacity and multi-task in order to meet key tasks as scheduled
- Ability to be flexible and accommodate shifting priorities
- Analytical, strategic thinking, and rapid problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to value, consider, and bring a variety of perspectives into work
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
- Experience and skills related to culturally competent programming
- Demonstrated ability to use advanced functions of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) the internet and web-based platforms
Preferred or Ideal
- Experience in early childhood education
- Experience with multi-project planning and management
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and communities
- Working knowledge of adult learning theory
- Experience using systems to create online content and media such as trainings, videos, and graphics
- Experience with systems such as AirTable, Canva, Cognito Forms, and WordPress
May have minimal travel (up to three times a year) for team retreats, program visits, and/or conferences
February 2021 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
- Boston, MA
Salary & Benefits
Salary – $52,000 – $57,000 commensurate with education and experience; along with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
How To Apply
Please complete the online application found on Jumpstart’s website. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.