Director of Programming - New York, NY
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging our 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at http://www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Director of Programming provides critical management and leadership to 6-8 individuals who are directly responsible for the day-to-day operations of Jumpstart programming in key markets such as Atlanta, Boston, and/or New York City. The Director of Programming works closely with a team of peers to ensure that programmatic goals, including program quality and child outcome expectations, in Jumpstart’s markets are achieved. This position requires demonstrated experience in successfully managing individuals, teams, and programs and a demonstrated
ability to connect higher level goals to day-to-day tasks for themselves and their teams. The Director of Programming reports directly to an Associate Vice President of Field Operations and works closely with other Field Operations and Strategy staff throughout the Jumpstart network.
There are two Director openings available for the New York, NY location.
- Conduct regular check-ins with all direct reports; monitor programs’ progress to goals; and provide management, training, and technical assistance according to staff and site needs in order for site staff to meet member recruitment, retention, children served, and program quality goal
- Implement quality assurance processes to increase the effectiveness of Jumpstart programming
- Monitor key performance indicators and implement continuous improvement processes to strengthen program outcomes and ensure Jumpstart’s standards are met
- Design and conduct in-person coaching visits for direct reports to support staff development and high quality program implementation
- Oversee staff hiring, assessment, training and ongoing development
- Create systems and structures that improve program effectiveness while remaining flexible to environmental, organizational and system changes
Relationship and Partnership Management
- Manage relationships with a cohort of university and/or community partners
- Serve as a field representative to increase communication and collaboration across Jumpstart departments
- Partner with the Field Management team to monitor site’s data points, including compliance, and manage action plans, as needed
Management and Operations
- Provide strong leadership to 6-8 full time employees with the use of Jumpstart’s performance management cycle, which includes giving frequent and effective feedback
- Create an environment that supports teamwork to achieve organizational goals
- Ensure all staff are up to date on commitments to stakeholders and ensure ongoing and open communication with Jumpstart’s national teams
- Coach staff on the cultivation of strategic partnerships
- Identify opportunities for increasing reach or deepening impact in Jumpstart markets
- Use knowledge of early childhood and higher education landscapes in each of the geographies represented in the management portfolio to identify new opportunities aligned with Jumpstart’s strategic direction
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience in program management
- At least 2 years professional experience with staff management and an understanding of effective performance management
- Excellent organizational, management and leadership abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of the education landscape, including ECE and higher education
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and proven flexibility/adaptability
- Ability to identify opportunities and take initiative to develop and advance work plans
- Solid public speaking, presentation, meeting facilitation and written communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
- Strong attention to detail along with ability to juggle various timelines and deliver on deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations as necessary for completion of job duties
- Experience and comfort working with individuals f rom diverse backgrounds and communities
Preferred or Ideal
- Masters in ECE, Higher Education Administration or Non-Profit Management
- Prior experience managing college-aged volunteers
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Experience working in urban environments, preferably in New York City
- Prior experience supporting AmeriCorps and/or grant-funded programs
Approximately 15% local travel or regional travel
March 2020 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
New York, NY (Manhattan) **Note: 2 job openings for the New York, NY location
Salary & Benefits
Salary – $63,000-$65,000 along with a generous benefits package and a great mission-driven work environment
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.