Director of District Sales & Partnerships
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over 25 years of experience serving over 133,000 children with the support of more than 58,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Director of District Sales and Partnerships is an exciting new role designed to lead the creation and stewardship of relationships with school districts, higher education partners, and district funders that wish to bring Jumpstart programming to their communities. This role is a critical addition to fulfil the vision of Jumpstart’s new strategic plan and to reach more children by growing program offerings that respond to market needs and strengthen financial sustainability. Utilizing an entrepreneurial mindset, the Director of District Sales and Partnerships will create Jumpstart’s sales function to leverage district relationships to drive earned revenue to the organization that will be invested in growing Jumpstart’s program footprint.
This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing, Communications and Brand.
- Through the lens of an entrepreneurial mindset, develop and execute new growth strategies for district partnerships.
- Perform as a seasoned relationship manager committed to annual revenue and new partnership goals.
- Personally establish strong relationships with three key stakeholder groups: 1) large potential district partners, 2) existing district partners, and 3) local district funders.
- Work with organizational leadership and Marketing, Communications & Brand team members to develop effective promotional materials to clearly distinguish Jumpstart’s unique niche and potential for impact.
- Drive all district engagement initiatives ranging from prospecting to initial point of contact, to development of partnership agreement and implementation plan.
- Collaborate with district leaders in developing a comprehensive district-level implementation plan, including timeline and action plans aligned with district’s strategic goals for kindergarten readiness, early literacy, and social-emotional learning.
- Provide regular progress reports to Jumpstart leadership.
- Capture learning from district partners and work with the Marketing, Communications & Brand team to develop marketing materials for prospective districts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Ten or more years of progressive, successful experience in sales leadership, including meaningful experience working with large K-12 public school districts
- Experience driving revenue creation through partners and relationships, in addition to direct sales
- Demonstrated experience building, leading and developing direct partnerships that have driven rapid revenue growth
- Demonstrated ability to exceed sales goals and meet deadlines
- Technology literate and proficient with Microsoft Office, accomplished user of Salesforce, and other data management and planning tools
- Passion for and demonstrated commitment to early learners and public education
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- A history of building relationships with satisfied partners/clients
- Innovator with a creative mindset toward new partnership development
- Understanding of how to implement tactical plans to execute on emerging strategies and how to engage new partners along the way
- Strong collaborator and ability to work cross functionally to accomplish organizational objectives
- A learning mindset of assessing and analyzing results, and using performance indicators to regularly refine and improve approaches
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, social justice, community, joy, and inclusive leadership
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations as necessary in order to fulfill duties of the position
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
Preferred or Ideal
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or related business-focused graduate degree
- 50 – 75 % local, regional and national travel
- Plus biannual travel for team retreat and national institute
December 2021 (desired start date; yet position open until filled)
- Flexible location from one of Jumpstart’s Offices in Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY, San Francisco, CA; or Washington DC
- Applicants must be able to work from one of these locations on a full-time basis
Salary & Benefits
Salary – $85,000 – $100,000 commensurate with education and experience; along with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart for Young Children, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital or parental status, amnesty, political affiliation, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.