Manager - Digital Communications and Outreach
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over 25 years of experience serving over 133,000 children with the support of more than 58,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Manager of Digital Communications and Outreach will join a high-performing, collaborative team in providing key management of Jumpstart’s digital communications calendar and efforts, including email, social media, and external website. The Manager of Digital Communications and Outreach also contributes to media outreach efforts in coordination with the Director of Marketing and Communications, additional Jumpstart staff, and external vendors. Responsibilities include overseeing Jumpstart’s digital calendars, creating and developing digital assets to help tell Jumpstart’s story, as well as writing, editing, and conducting media outreach.
The ideal candidate is someone who is excited about making a real impact in people’s lives; strives to put learning into action; thrives on challenges; and, most of all, is eager to help broaden and sustain the impact of Jumpstart. As with all positions of Jumpstart this role is responsible for embedding the organization’s DEI values in all aspects of the work.
- Manage Jumpstart’s overall external email and social media calendars; designing, creating, developing content and sending emails; coordinating closely with Associate Director of Marketing and Communications on targeted communications as needed
- Assist with developing/implementing a comprehensive email and social media strategy and creating efficient workflow processes and content calendars
- Write compelling copy for general newsletters, campaigns, and email communications with a focus on three key Jumpstart audiences: Corps Members, educators, higher ed/preschool partners
- Create multi-media content, including templates, infographics, interactives, videos, etc
- Create, manage, and execute social media strategy, including the development and design of social media creative assets, in collaboration with Marketing and Communications team
- Participate in the marketing and communications strategy development and execution for annual Read for the Record literacy campaign
- Collaborate and provide additional digital communications support as needed to Associate Director of Marketing and Communications
Public Relations and Outreach
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communications, contribute to Jumpstart’s media outreach efforts, including managing incoming media requests, drafting press releases, pitching stories, and developing talking points
- Regularly seek to identify and share compelling stories that demonstrate Jumpstart’s mission in action across Jumpstart’s national network
- Manage the development of targeted media lists and proactively seek to build key relationships
- Collaborate with external vendors and internal partners on Jumpstart outreach efforts
- Track and share Jumpstart’s media coverage and impact
- Handle ad-hoc projects as needed
Evaluation & Learning
- Identify metrics for success and continuously seek to understand and improve outcomes
- Utilize reporting and analytics tools such as A/B testing, Google Analytics, survey feedback, and other ROI data to evaluate digital communications success and make recommendations
- Monitor trends and best practices in marketing and communications and continuously seek to learn and grow
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- 3-5 years of experience in digital media, communications, marketing and/or related field
- Proven success in developing or managing digital outlets for an organization
- Excellent writing and editing skills – with focus on ability to develop concise and clear digital content and an eye for storytelling
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to develop productive working relationships across an organization and beyond
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, website management, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and/or graphic design
- Demonstration of a growth mindset; and an interest in learning and continuing to build on skills
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s mission and values of learning, social justice, community, joy, and inclusive leadership
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
Preferred or Ideal
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Previous Salesforce experience
September 2021 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
Salary & Benefits
$55,000 – $60,000 commensurate with education and experience; along with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart for Young Children, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital or parental status, amnesty, political affiliation, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.