Development Operations Associate
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 14 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over nearly 30 years of experience serving over 133,000 children with the support of more than 58,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Development Operations Associate is a key position in the Development Division that supports staff across the country in implementing development operations that maximize efficiency and position the team for growth.
The ideal applicant is curious, detail-oriented, customer-service-oriented, skilled at working with data and within databases, able to manage multiple and competing deadlines, and who is excited to help advance Jumpstart’s mission through fundraising. This position reports to the Development Operations Manager. This is a 40 hour per week, nonexempt position.
Gift Processing & Acknowledgments
- Process donations to Jumpstart and support the Manager, Development Operations on tasks related to gift processing and acknowledgments.
- Support the maintenance of donor acknowledgment processes as needed.
- Process all gifts that arrive to the Boston office, including stock transfers, wires, and third-party giving. Support teams in other offices with gift processing.
- Produce and email or mail all gift receipts.
- Reconcile incoming gifts with planned asks through Opportunity merges.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of data by helping with ongoing clean-up and maintenance of donor records.
- Support maintenance of donor records in Salesforce, including updating addresses and contact information, de-duping accounts, and other related tasks as assigned by the Manager Development Operations. Development Operations Associate.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of data by managing ongoing clean-up and maintenance of donor
- Support Directors of Donor Impact on Local Advisory Board management, including but not limited to supporting scheduling, taking meeting minutes, sharing relevant documents, etc.
- Respond to donor inquiries via phone and email, especially through Jumpstart’s designated donor inbox.
- Maintain Jumpstart’s profile on donor websites, including GuideStar, Giving Common, and other similar websites. Maintain online subscriptions to similar services.
- Support donor appeals as needed by the Donor Impact and Development Operations teams. This may include printing, labeling, and stuffing envelopes among other mailing needs.
- Manage the Development Division’s pages on the intranet.
- Support monthly Development Division meetings by scheduling and taking notes.
- Support the Development Operations Manager on related administrative tasks as assigned
- 1-3 years of related professional experience
- Experience using CRM database(s)
- Superior customer service skills and approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and very high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Rapid problem-solving skills
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s mission and values of Joy, Learning, Community, Social Justice, and Inclusive Leadership
- A curious nature with an interest in learning within a fast-paced organization
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
- On-going commitment and interest in social justice or diversity, equity and inclusion work
- Ability and willingness to travel to appropriate locations as needed to complete duties of the role
Preferred or Ideal
- Previous experience using Salesforce
January 2022 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
Approximately 10% regional travel, as needed, to support fundraising events
- Boston, MA
Hourly Pay & Benefits
Non-exempt position at an hourly pay range of $24.04 – $25 per hour, commensurate with experience and education, for a 40-hour work week, along with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart for Young Children, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital or parental status, amnesty, political affiliation, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.