Development Administrative Assistant
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging our 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at http://www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Development Administrative Assistant is a key position in the Development Division and supports staff across the country to implement development operations that maximize efficiency and position the team for growth.
The ideal applicant is someone who is detail oriented, customer-service oriented, skilled at working with databases, able to manage multiple and competing deadlines, and one who is excited to help advance Jumpstart’s mission through fundraising. This position reports to the Manager, Development Operations. This is a part-time, nonexempt position at 20 hours per week.
Gift Processing & Acknowledgments
- Process all gifts that arrive to the Boston office, including stock transfers, wires, and third-party giving. Support teams in other offices with gift processing
- Produce and mail all acknowledgement letters, working with Development staff across the country to personalize as needed
- Support maintenance of donor records in Salesforce, including updating addresses and contact information, de-duping accounts, and other related tasks as assigned by the Manager, Development Operations
- Support Directors of Donor Impact on Local Advisory Board management, including but not limited to: supporting scheduling, taking meeting minutes, sharing relevant documents, etc.
- Respond to donor inquiries via phone and email, including through Jumpstart’s donor inboxes
- Maintain Jumpstart’s profile on donor websites, including GuideStar, Giving Common, and other similar websites, and maintain online subscriptions to similar services
- On an as-assigned basis, conduct in-depth research on prospects and existing donors, including wealth screening and relationship mapping. Prospect research is a shared responsibility amongst all members of the Operations team
- Manage the Development Division’s pages on the intranet
- Support the Manager, Development Operations and the VP of Development on related administrative tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least one year of relevant professional experience; or at least 2 years of equivalent relevant professional experience
- Experience utilizing a CRM database including data input and reports
- Superior customer service skills and approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and very high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work at a high capacity in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to proficiently use MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Rapid problem-solving skills
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s mission and values of connection, determination, learning, joy, and kindness
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
- An energetic, enthusiastic manner and an interest in learning within a fast-paced, vibrant organization
Preferred or Ideal
- Previous Salesforce experience, including data input and reports
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
January 2020 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
Non-exempt position at an hourly pay rate of $25 per hour for a 20 hour work week
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.