Data Reporting Specialist
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Data Reporting Specialist assists departments in planning and executing data gathering and reporting. Direct interaction and teaching of staff is an important part of this role’s responsibilities. A central part of this role is translating raw database sources into digestible data sets and reports to help departments achieve organization goals.
The Data Reporting Specialist reports to the Senior Manager of Technology and is part of a team of 7 general operations and technology staff.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Technology in implementing database infrastructure and data processing flows
- Provide data hygiene assistance like deduplication and standardization
- Prepare summarized or focused data sets for staff to build reports on
Reporting and Analysis Support
- Work with staff to translate raw data into appropriate measures and models using Power BI from MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Salesforce sources
- Lead development of cross-departmental reports in collaboration with other departmental staff
- Identify patterns and trends in organizational data
- Developing strong relationships with other departments and translating their needs into our data systems
- Developing training materials for creating with Power BI for advanced users and for consuming reports for standard users
- Focus on empowering end users with training on data concepts and reporting tools
- Provide remote and in-person trainings
- Provide data hygiene training for staff
- Associate’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Excellent understanding of business intelligence software (specifically Microsoft Power BI) and Excel-based advanced reporting (including calculations and measures)
- Strong understanding of SQL concepts, especially for MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Strong data management abilities
- Ability to function as a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with staff training and documentation creation
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible within a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service orientation with internal and external customers
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s mission and values of learning, community, joy, social justice, and inclusive leadership
Preferred or Ideal
- Expertise with Microsoft Power BI, DAX, and Power Query M
- Current Microsoft DA-100 certification
- Familiarity with Salesforce and SOQL
- Ability to manage and administrate MySQL and/or PostgreSQL databases
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
September 2021 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
- Boston, MA
Salary & Benefits
Salary – $68,000 – $73,000, depending on expertise, with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart for Young Children, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital or parental status, amnesty, political affiliation, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.