Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over 25 years of experience serving over 133,000 children with the support of more than 58,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Data Coordinator supports Jumpstart’s ability to run, monitor, and report on high-quality programming through contributions to program compliance and evaluation data activities. The Data Coordinator conducts Jumpstart Corps Member criminal history checks, enters key member and child data points in Jumpstart’s online systems, and maintains these data points to enhance Jumpstart’s ability to meet compliance and evaluation goals. The team of Data Coordinators collectively conduct these centralized program implementation data activities for 30 Jumpstart programs, in partnership with the managing site staff. Data Coordinators have a deep commitment to customer service and teamwork, as well as excellent organizational skills, technological knowledge, and detail-orientation.
The Data Coordinator reports directly to the Senior Manager of Data Operations. This is a 40 hour per week nonexempt position.
Note: There are two (2) Data Coordinator vacancies.
Programmatic Data and Compliance Systems
- Use internal and external online systems including Salesforce to initiate and implement Jumpstart’s adjudication protocol for criminal history checks for Jumpstart Corps Members per Jumpstart, federal and state policies and regulations
- Partner with Jumpstart Site Managers to ensure all Data Coordinator-led elements of electronic Corps Member files are complete and compliant
- Support Jumpstart’s program evaluation by managing the child data entry process, which includes entering data into Jumpstart databases with accuracy and by iterated deadlines
- Run and use system reports in various database systems to identify troubleshooting needs and drive incremental improvement in personal processes
- Collaborate with Jumpstart’s Compliance and Research & Evaluation staff to ensure Jumpstart processes and guidelines are followed in Data Coordinator-led program compliance and evaluation activities
- Actively participate in local and team-based meetings to contribute to community, share and learn from peers, and remain informed of organizational updates
- Collaborate with Jumpstart Site Managers to implement established data management processes as related to Corps Member management, criminal history checks, electronic file components, and child data and evaluation
- Communicate effectively by phone, e-mail, video conference, and/or in person with internal program stakeholders about data processes and integrity
- Engage in testing, iteration, feedback, and thought partnership in the development of new reporting and processes to drive continuous improvement in the team’s ability to support data management and compliance operations
- Engage in regular and ongoing learning and professional development related to compliance, evaluation, systems, and processes to inform and strengthen practices
- When applicable, participate in Jumpstart campaigns and events hosted by local office, including Read for the Record and volunteer events
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of professional experience, some college coursework a plus
- Proven ability to plan, implement, and manage projects at a high capacity in order to meet deadlines and standards
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop and use tracking systems and databases
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to build strong working relationships and effectively communicate with team members
- Proficiency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability and willingness to travel to annual team retreat, national institute and occasionally to local events to provide support
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s values of learning, social justice, community, joy, and inclusive leadership
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience working with Salesforce
- Prior experience working with AmeriCorps programs, and/or other grant-funded programs with rigorous compliance expectations
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
Approximately 5% local travel, plus bi-annual national travel for team retreat and national institute
July 2021 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
**Note: There are two (2) Data Coordinator openings available.
- Flexible location in one of Jumpstart’s offices in Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; or New York, NY
- Applicants must be able to work from one of these locations on a full-time basis
Hourly Pay & Benefits
Non-exempt position at hourly pay range of $19.23 – $21.63 per hour (commensurate with education and experience) for a 40 hour work week, along with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
How To Apply
Please complete an online application.* Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by ADP. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by ADP. For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart for Young Children, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital or parental status, amnesty, political affiliation, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.