Vice President of People and Culture
The Vice President of People and Culture develops, leads, and implements strategies that enable all employees to perform their best work so that Jumpstart can build a more equitable education system for young children. This includes leading our diversity, equity and inclusion strategy, strengthening a sense of belonging and community, accelerating the development of innovation capabilities across the organization, and recruiting and developing high performing talent.
- Drive organization’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategy, and measure progress against defined objectives
- Integrate and embed diversity, equity, and inclusion into talent management processes, tools, etc.
- Improve recruitment, development and retention of a high-performing diverse and inclusive workforce
- Oversee and evolve organization culture, practices and norms from the application process to succession planning
- Lead and develop a high functioning team dedicated to Jumpstart’s talent management
- Develop and implement compelling strategic initiatives that position Jumpstart as an employer of choice
- Contribute to Jumpstart’s Leadership Team, bringing a voice, experience and passion for diversity, equity, inclusion and organization culture
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience required
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy, and kindness
- Experienced professional: at least 7 years of professional experience in successful implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Strategic agility: able to maintain focus on long-term strategy while successfully adapting to changing environments and conditions
- Innovative thinker: can challenge the organization to be curious, question the status quo, and adopt new approaches
- Inspiring and influencing: connects with people in ways that generate enthusiasm and commitment
- Communication: encourages direct and open discussion, and capable of modeling such a style
- Managing change: understands the impact of change and new activity on the wider organization
- Competency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national organization with operations in 13 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional programming for preschool children from under-resourced communities and promotes quality early learning for all.
Occasional travel possible to one of more of the following states: AZ, CA, CT, GA, IL, MA, MO, MS, NY, NJ, PA, RI, WA, and Washington DC
March 2018 (preferred)
- Flexible location from one of Jumpstart’s offices: Boston, MA (preferred); New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; or Washington DC
- Applicants must be able to work from either one of these locations on a full-time basis
Salary & Benefits
Salary – $125,000 – $130,000; along with competitive benefits and great work environment
How To Apply
Please complete an online application. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.