Creating Champions for the Field of Early Childhood Education
The research-based, hands-on Jumpstart experience empowers Corps members with a deep understanding of and commitment to early childhood education (ECE), encouraging them to be champions long after their Jumpstart service is completed. While many of our alumni choose to pursue a career in education, for those who choose a different path, there are still many ways to stay informed and connected with ECE.
Jumpstart aims to transform the ECE sector by mobilizing our alumni base and national network of leaders and champions. This powerful group has the potential to inspire public support and investment in high-quality ECE through their voices, stories, and experiences.
As articulated in Jumpstart’s Strategic Plan, we envision a future where:
- The early learning workforce is prepared, supported, and appropriately compensated
- National, state, and local policies and programs provide increased public support for high-quality early education and care
- National service organizations are strongly supported, specifically the Corporation for National and Community Service
To achieve these results, Jumpstart is focused on the following new strands of work:
- Advocating for an ECE workforce that is prepared, supported, and appropriately compensated, including policies for federal loan forgiveness and Federal Work Study programs
- Building a strong and vibrant network of alumni and key influencers across the country to mobilize in support of ECE programs in order to improve child outcomes and improve upon working conditions for early educators
- Voicing our support for national service through our partnership with Voices for National Service and America Forward to advance a public policy agenda that champions innovative and effective solutions to our country’s most pressing social problems.
For more information about Jumpstart’s policy advocacy initiatives, please contact Mark Reilly, Vice President of Policy & Government Relations, at 857.413.4593 or firstname.lastname@example.org