How Does My School, Library, or Large Group Participate?
Schools, libraries, museums, and other organizations help bring Jumpstart’s Read for the Record alive in communities around the world. From large group readings in school auditoriums to story hours and community-wide reading festivals, Read for the Record is truly an opportunity to rally your school, library, or larger community around the importance of high-quality early learning experiences. The best part about Read for the Record is that everyone is invited to join in on the fun! No matter where you live or how old you are, all you need is a copy of the official campaign book or access to a computer with internet. This year’s book is Thank You, Omu! by Oge Mora.
Buying 1 book? Buying books for an entire school? No problem! All orders large and small can be placed on our web store. Order before July 31st to receive our 10% Early Bird Discount. Additional discounts are available for bulk orders and can be seen on the product listing. Pre-order now!
Stay tuned for free downloadable resources and activities for your classroom or event! (Activity and Reading Guides are available in both English and Spanish).
Want to make a bigger impact? Spread the word by getting your school, library, or community involved.
- Host a large group read-aloud in your school’s auditorium.
- Invite older students to read with younger students.
- Invite local officials, athletes, or other special guests to read within your community.
- Read this year’s campaign book during your library’s story hour.
- Purchase books to donate to children within your community.
- Invite local businesses to co-sponsor events within your community.
Read this year’s campaign book on November 7, 2019!