Status Update: All Jumpstart programming is currently on hiatus through the spring semester due to the COVID-19 outbreak and all Jumpstart offices are currently closed. For more information about Jumpstart events, including our spring Scribbles to Novels galas, visit our events page. Please check back soon for the latest information.
A Note from Jumpstart CEO Naila Bolus
These are unprecedented times. On behalf of all of us at Jumpstart, I want to share an update with you about our COVID-19 response. It is our top priority right now to ensure the young children and families we serve, our college student volunteers, and our staff stay safe and supported. Given the growing university and preschool closures all across the country, it is now clear that this outbreak will significantly impact our programming over the next few months.
Our Children and Communities
Our goal right now is to be nimble, thoughtful, and creative in responding to this rapidly changing situation. We are committed to rallying our resources and moving swiftly to support communities in need. Together with our education team, we are currently developing innovative ways to support critical early learning for the children we serve—including leveraging technology to provide early literacy resources for children and families.
One thing is clear: our efforts are critical—perhaps now more than ever. That’s because we are keenly aware that our most vulnerable children will undoubtedly be hit hardest by the gaps in access to early learning opportunities that result from this outbreak. We will—without a doubt—need to double down on our efforts to support our youngest learners as soon as we are able and in order to prevent early education gaps from widening even further.
Be well and thank you,
What you can do!
Student Travel & Financial Support
- College Student Travel Assistance: Enterprise
- IIE Emergency Student Fund
- One-time grants of $2,000 – $5,000 to students with serious financial difficulties related to crisis. Campuses are invited to nominate up to 10 students in total.
- Lambda Theta Alpha Foundation Disaster Relief Fund
- Scholly Student Relief Fund
Pre-K—Grade 12 Educational Resources
- Administration for Children and Families
- Support for students with disabilities
- Advice for families on supporting children during social distancing
- Guidance to Prevent Child Exploitation During School Closures
- Guidance on Social & Emotional Learning Activities at Home
- NASA Activities to do at Home
- NAEYC COVID-19
Physical & Mental Health Resources
- State Medicaid & CHIP FAQ
- CDC guide to stress and coping
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- 24/7 Student Mental Health Counseling
- Higher Education Mental Health Alliance COVID-19 Resources
Updates & Contacts
For more information about Jumpstart’s response to COVID-19 and its impact on our program, please feel free to reach out to us via email with any general questions or concerns.
For questions regarding Jumpstart programming, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding Jumpstart donations, please contact: Katie Dick, Senior National Director, Donor Impact & Development Operations
For questions regarding Jumpstart events, please contact: Jenna Wechsler, Special Events Manager