Operations & Compliance Coordinator
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 14 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging nearly 30 years of experience serving over 157,900 children with the support of more than 62,500 college students, community volunteers, and alumni who are credentialed ECE teachers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Operations and Compliance Coordinator provides key support for Jumpstart’s national Program Management department. The Coordinator’s responsibilities include a range of activities integral to the success of the Program Management team. The position offers an excellent way to obtain significant insight and experience in many high-level functions crucial for operating a successful nonprofit organization. This position requires a highly organized, energetic, and motivated individual able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks; take initiative; maintain a positive attitude; and create and maintain organizational systems. An ideal candidate possesses excellent problem-solving skills, is a team collaborator, and has a solid comfort level with data management tasks and projects. This is a 40 hour per week, non-exempt position that reports to the Director of Compliance.
- Create and maintain volunteer and staff accounts in various online systems, including America Learns and the My AmeriCorps member management system
- Administer state Criminal History Checks on prospective volunteers
- Monitor program compliance through internal audits to confirm adherence to volunteer management system, file and Criminal History Check requirements
- Support the creation of tools, resources, trackers and trainings to enhance staff understanding and compliance with AmeriCorps, local, state, and national regulations
- Create and assist with reports for internal and external stakeholders regarding volunteer timesheets, Criminal History Checks, files, and other compliance-related activities
Administrative Support and General Team Responsibilities
- Reconcile corporate credit card purchases and payment check requests to ensure criminal history check charges, vendor invoices, and other departmental expenses can be processed by the Finance team in a timely and compliant manner
- Manage, maintain and monitor internal communications (Intranet pages, team folders, etc.)
- Manage agenda and logistics for team and cross-team meetings and calls, trainings, and retreats
- Communicate by phone, e-mail, video conference, and/or in person with internal and affiliate stakeholders about organizational data
- Join and participate in local and team-based meetings as necessary and assigned
- Engage in ongoing learning, feedback, and professional development related to compliance, systems and processes
- When applicable, support logistics for and execution of Jumpstart campaigns and events hosted by local office, including Read for the Record and volunteer events
- Handle other duties as needed and as skills and interests warrant, in support of national goals
- Associate’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- At least 1-3 years of professional experience in operations-related functions
- Proven ability to plan, implement, and manage projects at a high capacity in order to meet deadlines and high-quality standards
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and use tracking systems and databases
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, along with strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success collaborating within a team
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s values of learning, social justice, community, joy, and inclusive leadership
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Ability and willingness to travel to annual team retreat, national institute, and assigned locations/sites as necessary
- On-going commitment and interest in social justice or diversity, equity and inclusion work
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
Preferred or Ideal
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated success building technical skills in an online data management system
- Experience manipulating data tables and/or creating data visualizations and graphs
- Experience building content in an online training software program
- Demonstrated success collaborating within a remote team
Up to 10% travel (approximately) for local or national meetings, trainings, conferences, or monitoring visits.
September 2023/October 2023 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
Flexible location from one of Jumpstart’s Offices in Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY
Applicants must be able to work from one of these locations on a full-time basis. Telecommuting options possible through Jumpstart’s formal approval p
Salary & Benefits
Salary – hourly pay range of $26.45 – $28.37 per hour – commensurate with education and experience; along with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
How To Apply
Please complete the online application found on Jumpstart’s website. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
*Jumpstart’s online application process is supported by Paycom. To ensure that the online application works properly, please make sure cookies and pop-ups are enabled on your browser, and that firewall software (if used) is set to permit inbound and outbound traffic on port 443. Unfortunately, touch screens are not supported or certified by Paycom. For the best possible user experience, is recommended a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.