Jumpstart’s Full-Time Benefits Package
Jumpstart provides a full-range of competitive benefits to support staff health, retirement, and work/life balance:
- BlueCross BlueShield PPO plan (New England employees also have an HMO option with 77% of premiums covered) 74% of premium paid by Jumpstart (65% for New England employees electing PPO plan). Coverage includes prescription drug coverage, and annual reimbursement for participation in wellness programs.
- 75% of deductible paid by Jumpstart for employees and dependents on group plan.
Dental: BlueCross BlueShield Dental plan, 70% of premium paid by Jumpstart.
Vision: VSP Vision Care plan, affordable vision coverage paid by employee.
- Domestic Partner Coverage for BCBS plans.
- Short and Long Term Disability, fully paid by Jumpstart.
- Life Insurance ($50K) and Accidental Death and Dismemberment, fully paid by Jumpstart.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) to pay certain out-of-pocket medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- 401(K) plan or student loan repayment assistance available after completion of 3 months of service; Jumpstart matches employee contributions up to a total of 4% of salary with immediate vesting.
Work-Life Balance: Jumpstart believes an important element to employee well-being is work-life balance. All full-time employees are eligible for:
- 15 days of accrued, combined paid personal and vacation time (PTO) to start; at the beginning of the third year, PTO increases to 17 days and then to 20 days at the beginning of the fourth year.
- 10 paid sick days granted each year to full-time employees (part time employees are prorated); the number of sick days for new employees is dependent on date of hire.
- 14 paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous People’s Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and 2 annual floating holidays (part-time employees are prorated).
- Full paid week off between Christmas and New Year’s given as an organizational holiday.
- 6 weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (after completion of 3 months of employment).
- Leave at 3 Fridays: Employees may leave at 3:00pm on Fridays following a full workweek and as business needs and schedules allow.
Flexible Work Scheduling
- Flexible work schedules as well as telecommuting opportunities (dependent on position) offered.
Additional Benefits: an Employee Assistance Program, and access to a discount marketplace.
Jumpstart's Part-Time Benefits Package
- Employees working at least 30 hours per week are generally eligible for all Jumpstart benefits.
- Employees who are regularly scheduled to work less than 30 hours per week receive all legally mandated benefits (such as workers’ compensation insurance), but are ineligible for Jumpstart benefits, except participation in the Organization’s 401(k) and Student Loan Match Program.
- Part-Time employees accrue a pro-rated amount of PTO and Sick time based on hours regularly scheduled to work.
- Part-Time employees are eligible for Holiday pay if the holiday falls on a regularly scheduled workday.
- 6 weeks (based on hours regularly scheduled to work) paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (after completion of 3 months of employment).
- Full-time employees are eligible for all Jumpstart benefits.
- Part-time employees working less than 30 hours per week are eligible to participate in the Organization’s 401(k), Student Loan Match Program, and receive all legally mandated benefits (such as workers’ compensation insurance). They are not eligible for other Jumpstart benefits.
- Temporary employees whose assignment is three months or more in duration, and whose work schedule is at least 30 hours per week, are generally eligible for most Jumpstart benefits.