Urban Teachers would love to prepare you for your teaching career. They’ve created a special application deadline for Jumpstart corps members for Friday, December 21, 2018. By applying by this date, you will be able to pick your city of choice. CLICK HERE to start your application today
- Urban Teachers is a teacher preparation program with a four-year commitment. The first year is a residency year with 1,400 hours of practice in real classrooms followed by a three-year teaching commitment. (Stipend provided in year 1 followed by a full-time teacher salary, typically around $50,000).
- You will earn your master’s degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Education, ranked among the top schools of education by U.S. News and World Report.
- Urban Teachers’ certifies aspiring teachers in high-demand content areas including elementary education, secondary math, or secondary literacy, AND special education.
- Urban Teachers currently places teachers in high poverty, public schools in Baltimore, DC, and Dallas/Fort Worth.
Other Opportunities to Learn More about Urban Teachers and the Support Provided:
Check out a recording of a webinar to see what Urban Teachers alums have to say about their experience at Urban Teachers and the impact they are making in classrooms in Baltimore, DC and Dallas (https://vimeo.com/291409565). Join Urban Teachers for an upcoming webinar before the holidays:
- Dec. 13 at 8PM EST Get to Know Urban Teachers’ Faculty, Coursework and Coaching http://bit.ly/UTFacultyMG
- Dec. 19 8PM EST Urban Teachers Everything You Need to Know Webinar http://bit.ly/GeneralDec
See Urban Teachers’ social media campaign #12DaysofAlums to read stories about their alumni in Baltimore, DC, and other cities: Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIN from Dec. 10-21, 2019.
Need Praxis/PACT math help? Urban Teachers developed a free online math course for Praxis and Pact math support. This is the kind of support you get at Urban Teachers to become an effective teacher. Check it out here: https://urbanteachers.org/testprep. Urban Teachers also offers generous financial aid for test registration.