The parent facilitator will be responsible for conducting PBS SoCal’s Parent Academy program at local early learning agencies, pre-k and elementary schools in Los Angeles and Orange County.
The Ready To Learn Parent Academy program is a five-week series of once a week parent trainings which address parent engagement in the digital age using PBS KIDS STEM resources. The Parent Facilitator will deliver these trainings using PBS SoCal’s Parent Academy curriculum, and materials already developed by PBS SoCal.
The primary responsibilities of the Parent Workshop Facilitator are:
- Understand the philosophy, approach, and curriculum of PBS SoCal’s Parent Academies
- Be comfortable teaching and integrating digital media/technology into the Parent Academies
- Attend an orientation training and regular facilitator meeting
- Facilitate PBS SoCal’s Parent Academy 1 1/2 hour session once a week for a total of 5 weeks
- Organize, prepare materials and arrive punctually to workshop sites, perform setup and registration duties as needed
- Ensure that PBS SoCal’s Parent Academies are delivered professionally and effectively
- Establish a safe and engaging environment during the workshop for parents
- Provide guidance to the parents based on PBS SoCal’s Parent Academy curriculum
- Implement PBS SoCal’s early childhood learning Mobile Lab during academies
- Experience leading or teaching groups; experience facilitating parent engagement
- Demonstrate strong time and classroom management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- General knowledge of school system
- Strong desire to work with parents to improve the academic success of all students
- Comfortable and knowledgeable on current educational technology practices
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- A stipend of up to $750 per a five-week academy
Application Instructions: Send resume to Susie Grimm via email at email@example.com
No comments yet.