Jackson Heights, NY
82nd Street Academics is seeking a Site Director to ensure high quality programs by supervising staff, curriculum, outcomes, indicators, and finances of the programs at Highland Academics. This position will report to the Director of Instruction and Learning (DOIL).
- Preparation of Program Expense Budget and Budget modifications with Financial Analyst.
- Ensure that UPK runs in adherence to the expense and income budgets using income information provided by the financial staff and using Blackbaud weekly,
- Ensure that invoices are prepared and sent to UPK each month as required.
- Decide if budget modifications are needed, work with Financial Analyst to create/submit
- Set agenda and lead weekly teacher meetings.
- Plan professional developments for staff monthly with DOIL.
- Approve lesson plans of teachers 2 weeks before teacher implementation
- Meet monthly with Lead teachers about instructional goals and development. Observe classrooms weekly and provide written feedback.
- Interview, hire and fire teachers, aides, and assistants. The Executive Director must approve any contracts offered to employees in those programs and must approve any proposal to terminate an employee.
- Evaluate teacher performance quarterly, make recommendations for improvement, and create gift based individual development plans for each direct report.
- Assure that Aides and Assistants have a Individual Development Plan for promotion. Create IDP with Lead Teachers for continued development.
- Choose curricula for UPK classes
- Ensure students receive PKFCC targeted instruction with individualized goals for development
- Implement Ends Policies
- Implement measures and indicators for Ends policies and direct data collection and interpretation.
Administrative and Planning
- Liaise with Department of Health and Department of Education consultants to ensure that programs meet or exceed all health, safety and instructional standards.
- Attend director’s meetings as required by the regulatory agencies
- Plan Parent Orientation and Engagement
- Prepare Work Breakdown Structures for all events with more than 30 parents present.
- Prepare reports and update Vendor Portal and PreKids as required.
- Check and approve time cards for payroll
- Maintain student and staff files
- Work with Marketing Team and Strategy Group to implement plan for growth of the site into a full center.
- Contribute to expansion process with strategies for growth. Keep abreast of local community needs.
- Lead in large group events such as Principal’s Night, Gifted and Talented Night and others
- Full Time Professional Senior Staff
Spanish Preferred, 2nd language required
B-2 Professional License required
No comments yet.