Jumpstart Your Career
- An average four-year-old from a professional family hears about 20 million more words than the average child in a working-class family.
- A child from a low-income family will have heard 35 million less word than a child from a professional family.
- Studies show that over time, this achievement gap only gets worse. We can change this.
That’s why there’s Jumpstart.
We’re working on a big problem. It’s America’s kindergarten readiness gap—and we’re looking for the best and the brightest to help us solve it.
If you’re ready to change the world one child at a time, then you’ve come to the right place. That’s because we help the children we prepare to fulfill their potential as contributing citizens, leaders, and change-makers of tomorrow.
College Students & Community Corps Members
Our Corps members put Jumpstart into action. Work with small groups of preschool children on language and literacy skills, right in your community, and attend training and service days.
Grow your career while helping children cultivate a love of learning and literacy.
- Site Manager (American University)
Grow your skills while helping children cultivate a love of learning and literacy.
- Development Intern (New York, NY)
Affiliate Partner Opportunities
Click here for additional career opportunities with Jumpstart’s affiliate partners.