Jumpstart Your Career
- A typical four-year-old from a low-income home is exposed to 13 million words.
- A child from a middle-class family has heard close to 45 million.
- Studies show that over time, this achievement gap only gets worse. We can change this.
That’s why there’s Jumpstart.
We’re working on a big problem. It’s America’s kindergarten readiness gap—and we’re looking for the best and the brightest to help us solve it.
If you’re ready to change the world one child at a time, then you’ve come to the right place. That’s because we help the children we prepare to fulfill their potential as contributing citizens, leaders, and change-makers of tomorrow.
College Students & Community Corps Members
Our Corps members put Jumpstart into action. Work with small groups of preschool children on language and literacy skills, right in your community, and attend training and service days.
Grow your career while helping children cultivate a love of learning and literacy.
- Associate Community Manager, Community Corps
- Manager, National Grants - Boston or Chicago
- Senior Director, Research and Evaluation
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
- Coordinator, Regional Operations, Northern California Region
- Director, Development, Northern California Region
Gain valuable experience at a national nonprofit organization.